→ WoW API
Returns RGB color codes for an item quality.
r, g, b, hex = GetItemQualityColor(quality)
- quality (number) - The numeric ID of the quality from 0 (Poor) to 7 (Heirloom).
- r (number) - The Red component of the color (0 to 1, inclusive).
- g (number) - The Green component of the color (0 to 1, inclusive).
- b (number) - The Blue component of the color (0 to 1, inclusive).
- hex (string) - The 4 character hex UI escape sequence for this color
for i = 0, 8 do local r, g, b, hex = GetItemQualityColor(i) print(i, hex, _G["ITEM_QUALITY" .. i .. "_DESC"], hex:sub(5)) end
- Will print all qualities, in their individual colors (example result from version 6.2.4).
0 Poor ff9d9d9d 1 Common ffffffff 2 Uncommon ff1eff00 3 Rare ff0070dd 4 Epic ffa335ee 5 Legendary ffff8000 6 Artifact ffe6cc80 7 Heirloom ffe6cc80 8 WoW Token ff00ccff
- GetItemQualityColor() was added in 1.9.1
- If an invalid quality index is specified, GetItemQualityColor() returns white (same as index 1):
- r = 1
- g = 1
- b = 1
- hex = |cffffffff
- Quality 7 was added in version Patch 3.0 for heirloom items
- ITEM_QUALITY7_DESC is now defined as of Patch 3.1.1
- Patch 6.1.2 introduced quality 8, WoW Token.
- As of Patch 7.0.3, purportedly the Heirloom color has changed from Heirloom ffe6cc80 to Heirloom ff00ccff. As of current released trial version Patch 6.2.4 on this 2nd day of July, 2016, the value is still ffe6cc80.