→ WoW API
Returns information about the current instances the player is in.
name, type, difficultyIndex, difficultyName, maxPlayers, dynamicDifficulty, isDynamic, mapID = GetInstanceInfo()
- String - the name of the instance (localized), otherwise the continent name (eg: Eastern Kingdoms, Kalimdor, Northrend, Outland)
- String - "none" if the player is not in an instance, "party" if in party, "raid" if in a raid, "pvp" for battleground. Many of the following result values will be nil or otherwise useless in the case of "none".
- Number - the difficulty of the instance (see Details)
- String - the difficulty of the instance ("10 Player", "25 Player (Heroic)", etc)
- Number - maximum number of players permitted inside
- Number - For dynamic instances: 0=Normal 1=Heroic
- boolean - If the instance difficulty can be changed while zoned in
- Number - the instance mapID. with 5.0.4 continents are considered 'instances'. not the same as mapID.
- difficultyIndex "difficulty level" is the difficulty mode like 10 / 25 player and described in GetInstanceDifficulty()
- Is isDynamic is only useful in places like Icecrown Citadel where the difficulty mode can be changed on the fly.
- mapID allows absolute identification of current instance without using localized names or other more complex means.
- Added in 3.2, additional return values added in 3.3
- In dynamic instances, difficultyIndex will only be 1 for 10man, or 2 25man.
- In 5.0.4 dynamicDifficulty and difficultyIndex have changed. difficultyIndex is now used to determine a dynamic instance like heroic as well as 10 / 25 modes. dynamicDifficulty returns 0.
- mapID added in Patch 5.0.4