Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
→ WoW API
Retrieves configuration information about a chat window.
name, fontSize, r, g, b, alpha, shown, locked, docked, uninteractable = GetChatWindowInfo(frameIndex);
- Number - The index of the chat window to get information for (starts at 1).
- name, fontSize, r, g, b, alpha, shown, locked, docked, uninteractable
- String - The name of the chat window, or an empty string for its default name.
- Number - The font size for the window.
- Number - The red component of the window's background color (0.0 - 1.0);
- Number - The green component of the window's background color (0.0 - 1.0);
- Number - The blue component of the window's background color (0.0 - 1.0);
- Number - The alpha level (opacity) of the window background (0.0 - 1.0);
- Number - 1 if the window is shown, 0 if it is hidden.
- Number - 1 if the window is locked in place, 0 if it is movable.
- Number - 1 to NUM_CHAT_WINDOWS; Index Order of docked tab EG: General = 1, Combat Log = 2. nil if floating.
local name, fontSize, r, g, b, alpha, shown, locked, docked, uninteractable = GetChatWindowInfo(i);
- Retrieves Chat Window configuration information. This is what FrameXML uses to know how to display the actual windows. This configuration information is set via the SetChatWindow...() family of functions which causes the "UPDATE_CHAT_WINDOWS" event to fire. FrameXML calls GetChatWindowInfo() when it receives this event.
- 'frameIndex' can be any chat window index between 1 and NUM_CHAT_WINDOWS. '1' is the main chat window.