Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Retrieves the id and the name from a specific channel.
id, name = GetChannelName(id);
- The numeric id of the channel you want to query, or a string containing the name of the channel.
- a number containing the id of the channel, e.g. 2, or 0 if the channel is not found
- a string containing the name of the channel, e.g. "Trade - Stormwind", or nil if the channel is not found or the id parameter was a name.
If the channel argument is the channel name (ie "testchan1"), then the returned channel name is a nil value. If the channel argument is the channel number (ie 6 or "6"), then the returned channel name is correct. The channel id returns correctly in both cases.
It's also worthy to note the strange behaviour of (at least) Trade channels. Login to a city, GetChannelName("Trade - City") will return the channel number it's on. Step outside the city, you'll leave the channel yet making that call again will return the channel number you *were* on. As such, it's not entirely reliable for detecting if you're in a trade enabled zone.
-- Check if the specific channel exists myChannel = 1; id, name = GetChannelName(myChannel); if (id > 0 and name ~= nil) then SendChatMessage("This is just a test.", "CHANNEL", nil, id); end
Checks if the channel with id stored in myChannel exists and in this case sends the text "This is just a test" to it.
- Retrieves the name from a specific channel.
- Also returns a 3rd value, seems to always be 0 on enUS client, its purpose is unknown.