Changes the item which is displayed in the tooltip according to the passed argument.
GameTooltip:SetHyperlink("itemString" or "itemLink")
- ("itemString" or "itemLink")
- "itemString" - itemString - Representing an in-game item, enchant or spell. For instance
- "item:16846:0:0:0:0:0:0:0" is the link id for the "Giantstalker's Helm".
- "enchant:23804" is the link id for "Enchant Weapon - Mighty Intellect".
- "spell:16039" is the link id for the shaman talent "Convection".
- "quest:8336" is the link id for the "A Fistful of Slivers" quest".
- "itemLink" - itemLink - A clickable string of an in-game item.
- This will replace the currently showing tooltip with one containing the information for the Giantstalker Helm.
- Calling this function with the same link which is currently shown, will close the Tooltip.
- If you attempt to reference an item that is not in your local cache, i.e. you've never seen it before, the client will query the server for information about that item. Since patch 2.2.3, querying item information for an itemID which has not been seen on your server since last restart will no longer result in a disconnect.
- Calling this function with an enchant id that does not exist, will give the error message "Unknown link type".