Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Sets a function to be called automatically after the original function is called, or "post hook". Works with secure frames. (secure)
- string - the name of the handler type, like 'OnShow', 'OnClick'. See Widget handlers.
- function - function to be called. Cannot be 'nil'.
'HookScript' can be used on secure frames, where 'SetScript' would cause "taint" issues and bad UI behavior. Calls each hooked function after calling its original handler function. Any parameters returned by the hooking function will not be discarded, and not be passed to the original handler. Any handler added this way cannot be removed, and will stay until the UI is reloaded.
local MyPartyFrame_OnClick = function( self, button ) print(self:GetName() .. " clicked with " .. button) end for i = 1, 4 do local frame = _G["PartyMemberFrame"..i] frame:HookScript("OnClick", MyPartyFrame_OnClick) end
Print notification in chat log when the player clicks a party member's portrait. 'HookScript' works while preserving the security of the unit frame after calling its original handler, where 'SetScript' in this case would not.
- Like any event handler, 'func' is called with arguments '(frame, arg1, arg2, ...)', 'event' being 'arg1' for OnEvent handlers.
- Just like hooksecurefunc("handler", func), this can be used on secure code.
- If the frame doesn't have a 'func' for 'handler', one will be created as if you called Frame:SetScript().
- Every script handler has at least one argument (the frame itself, usually self).
- See widget handlers for details on each handler.