|This is no longer a part of the World of Warcraft API.
→ WoW API
Removes a specific buff from the player.
- The index of the buff to remove. Can be obtained with GetPlayerBuff. Can also use buff name since the 2.3 patch.
- Removes the first (right-most in the default UI) buff from the player.
- This function is not protected nor limited in any way to hardware event restriction Blizzard used so far. This function can be called freely from an AddOn to auto-remove a given buff.
(tested on live servers 2.0)
- This function uses a zero-based index, while UnitBuff() does not.
- The Burning Crusade: GetPlayerBuff() returns 0 if the buff doesn't exist. It stands to reason that this function would then be 1-based in TBC.