Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Control which mouse button up/down events get passed to the <OnClick> event handler. See also XML registerForClicks.
button:RegisterForClicks("clicktype1" [, "clicktype2" [, ...]])
Any number of the following strings:
<Button> <Scripts> <OnLoad> self:RegisterForClicks("LeftButtonUp", "RightButtonDown"); </OnLoad> <OnClick> print("OnClick: "..arg1); </OnClick> <OnMouseUp> print("OnMouseUp: "..arg1); </OnMouseUp> <OnMouseDown> print("OnMouseDown: "..arg1); </OnMouseDown>
Clicking the Left, Right and Middle buttons in turn will produce:
OnMouseDown: LeftButton OnMouseUp: LeftButton OnClick: LeftButton OnMouseDown: RightButton OnClick: RightButton OnMouseUp: RightButton OnMouseDown: MiddleButton OnMouseUp: MiddleButton
- Buttons default to having "LeftButtonUp" registered for clicks.
- Registering for () means <OnClick> will never trigger.
- Registering for invalid event names will not cause errors; invalid names are silently ignored.
- The <OnMouseDown> and <OnMouseUp> handlers will always receieve all mouse up/down events.
- ONLY BUTTONS (and widgets that inherit from Button) HAVE OnClick HANDLERS! If you want to trap mouse button events for other objects, use the OnMouseDown and OnMouseUp events.