Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Main leader||Halford Wyrmbane|
|Secondary leaders||Leoric Von Zeldig, Lynore Windstryke, August Foehammer|
|Base of operations||Wintergarde Keep, The Skybreaker|
|Theater of operations||Dragonblight, Isle of Conquest, Icecrown|
Through the valleys and peaks of Mount Hyjal, across the shifting sands of Silithus, against the Legion's dread armies - we have fought. We are the nameless, faceless, sons and daughters of the Alliance. By the Light and by the might of the Alliance, the first strike belongs to us and the last strike is all that our enemies see.
We are the 7th Legion.
This statement indicates that the 7th Legion may be one of the most elite fighting forces within the Alliance armies, having participated in many battles at least as far back as the Battle of Mount Hyjal, and perhaps even much further. Their incarnation during the War of the Shifting Sands was in the form of the Might of Kalimdor. Former Might of Kalimdor members Duke August Foehammer, High Commander Lynore Windstryke, and Highlord Leoric Von Zeldig survived to fight once again in Northrend.
In many ways they seem to be the Alliance counterpart of the Kor'kron Guard. Both groups consist of their faction's elite forces, and both are heavily involved in their faction's campaign in Northrend.
CataclysmEditThis section concerns content exclusive to Cataclysm.
The 7th Legion returns in Cataclysm, supporting the Gilneas Liberation Front against the Forsaken invaders in Gilneas by retaking Gilneas City for the Alliance. It is possible that both organizations will also be involved in the new Battle for Gilneas City.
Mists of Pandaria EditThis section concerns content exclusive to Mists of Pandaria.
|Halford Wyrmbane||Leader, High Commander||Alive||Wintergarde Keep, Dragonblight|
Alliance Keep, Isle of Conquest
|August Foehammer||Duke||Alive||Thorson's Post, Dragonblight|
|Durkon||Cavalier||Alive||Outside Wintergarde Crypt, Dragonblight|
|Hallard||Inquisitor||Alive||Wintergarde Keep, Dragonblight|
|Highlord Leoric Von Zeldig||Highlord||Alive||Wintergarde Keep, Dragonblight|
|Lynore Windstryke||Commander||Alive||Wintergarde Keep, Dragonblight|
|Plunderbeard||Rogue||Deceased||Wintergarde Mausoleum, Dragonblight|
|Quarterflash||Siege Engineer||Alive||Wintergarde Keep, Dragonblight|
|Slinkin the Demo-gnome||Rogue||Deceased||Wintergarde Mine, Dragonblight|
|Urik||Gryphon Commander||Alive||Wintergarde Keep, Dragonblight|
|Vas the Unstable||Ambassador of the Silver Covenant||Alive||Wintergarde Keep, Dragonblight|
|Yord "Calamity" Icebeard||Member||Alive||Wintergarde Mausoleum, Dragonblight|
- 7th Legion Battle Mage
- + 7th Legion Cavalier
- 7th Legion Cleric
- 7th Legion Elite
- 7th Legion Infantryman
- 7th Legion Rifleman
- 7th Legion Sentinel
- 7th Legion Siege Engineer
- 7th Legion Wyrm Hunter
- Injured 7th Legion Soldier
- + Wintergarde Gryphon Rider
- 7th Legion Chain Gun
- 7th Legion Harpoon Gun
- 1st Legion (Alliance)
- The SI:7 (Alliance)
- Kor'kron Guard (Horde)
- The first theory is that the 7th Legion is a reference to the 7th Division (die 7. Division), a German Panzer-Division of Erwin Rommel (1891–1944) during the Second World-War (der Zweite Weltkrieg). General-Field-Marshal (Generalfeldmarschall) Rommel, a. k. a. "The Desert-Fox" („der Wüstenfuchs“), led the division and they earned great fame for its ruthless tactics, quick movements and daring methods. Not even the Nazi-German headquarters could keep track of them, therefore naming them "The Ghost-Division" („die Gespenster-Division“).
- The second theory is that it is a tribute to the game Myth by Bungie. In the original Myth, the most veteran unit was the 7th Legion. At a critical moment, it attacked the forces of the Undead from behind, securing the first victory for the Humans.