Uldum is an ancient hall of stone located in the southern desert of Tanaris.
Fragments of notes unearthed from Bael Modan suggest that a great titan city lies deep within the rocky expanse of the southern desert. So far, dwarven expeditions have yet to track down the location of Uldum, but they are confident that it’s only a matter of time. ( Uldum was one of the three ancient halls in which the earthen (the ancestors of the Dwarves) were left to sleep by their titan creators. Similar locations exist at )Uldaman and Ulduar; additionally, a fourth location, Maraudon, is the location of Terramok, an ancient titan vault. There is giant hole in uldums door, presumedly something really big escaped from uldum. (Some speculate that it was a Sand Worm, and the carvings on the pillars around Uldum support this theory)
Uldum was mentioned in the legends of Azeroth, but its location long remained a mystery. Brann Bronzebeard mentioned in his travelogue, "Lands of Mystery", that he searched for it all over Tanaris, but could never find it. He wondered if it could just be another name for the Caverns of Time, but he didn't know for sure. ( However, his assumption proved to be false as Uldum is actually located on the southern edge of the desert. )
Uldum in World of Warcraft
Uldum is most likely an instance under the rule of Earthen, Golems, Stone giants, or Titans. To enter Uldum, you will most likely need to finish the quest chain The Platinum Discs which starts at the Discs of Norgannon, guarded by Archaedas, deep within Uldaman.
It is also likely that the inclusion of Uldum as an instanced dungeon in-game will coincide with the addition of Northrend (and the third Titan facility of Ulduar, located in Northrend). It is therefore probable that Uldum will be an "off-location" addition to the eventual Northrend expansion, also known as Wrath of the Lich King, similarly to the way Caverns of Time and Karazhan were added in the Burning Crusade.
- NOTE: Uldum's inclusion as an instance has not been formally announced, although its entrance is present in the game world.
- BLUE POST: "Uldum is an area we would love to add at some point in the future, but we currently have no announced plans to do so."
- With the use of map viewers, Uldum does not exist beyond the door which is present in the game. Unlike nearby Zul'Farrak which is fully assembled, nothing at all exists for Uldum.
| 2008-03-10 21:37 by Drysc
- No, it's [Uldum] definitely a dungeon we're keen on opening at some point. Whether that can actually happen or not, or when, hasn't had any final decisions announced. It's a location rich in Titan lore so it's of course something everyone is excited to see come to fruition.
- I find the door still interesting as something has obviously broken out. Was there something meant to be contained within Uldum, to be forgotten, that's escaped? Possibly something we don't even associate with the Titans or their creations. Maybe something we take for granted, I don't know, but I like that idea.
However in the WWI Q&A Panel it was stated that:
- Uldum is a dungeon that a lot of players want to see and it was on the list for Northrend. There's still a lot in the old world that they have plans for, but they don't want them all to be launched in one expansion.
Hinting at Uldum will most likely not happen with WotLK.