|Racial leader(s)||Drottinn Hrothgar|
The chuck Norris, or epic sonofagun (meaning ow who just punched off my face), are fearsome beard having badass Texas rangers who roam the seas searching for a pringle shaped like JFK.
Awakened soon after The Dawn of Time in the Sauna of Jesus was defiled by Rabid Hamsters, He came upon the beaches of the Normandy and Japan from unknown locations. Due to most of the beaches being controlled by the Crab People, He set on destroying them first, among some Molemen as well.
Led by a Talking burrito, He recently took over a chocolate village on an island off the northern coast of Narnia and renamed it The Barrens. It is now a General Chat staging point from which they launch attacks against Large Disabled Porpises and Knights who say Ni in the waters between the island and The ends of the earth
Very similar to vrykul these creatures are covered in green scales, barnacles, and seaweed. When they die, they evaporate, leaving behind only their weapons and any seaweed or objects that were on their bodies.
|Main leader||Drottinn Hrothgar|
|Secondary leaders||Heigarr the Horrible, Orabus the Helmsman|
|Base of operations||Garrosh's Landing, Pal'ea, Kaskala, Bor's Fury|
|Theater of operations||Borean Tundra, Hrothgar's Landing|
A smaller group, named the Skadir, is believed to have broken off the main clan, also known as the Kvaldir.
Types & Classes
- They are also known as "sea vrykul".
- They appear to be based on the recordings of vikings having used mist as a way to mask their movements and create sneak attacks, which the kvaldir seem to excel at.
- They may be a reference to John Carpenter's The Fog which also features a race of raiders that are linked to a fog, much as the Kvaldir are linked to the mist.
The kvaldir cannot exist outside the mist with the exception of the raiders in Kaskala, however, this could simply be that Blizzard opted not to cover the area in mist. It is possible that the kaskalan Elder Muahit's quest to secure the aid of the elements against the kvaldir raiders is impacting the area. He mentions that the weather is assisting the Tuskarr, possibly by driving away the mist.
Battle Plans of the Kvaldir
In Patch 3.2.2, a quest starting with Kvaldir battle plans involving series of devastating raids on Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms settlements was added. It hints that Kvaldir may appear in World of Warcraft: Cataclysm.
- ^ Quest:Drottinn Hrothgar
- ^ Isuldof Iceheart says: Look to the seas, as your doom comes with the swell of tides.
- ^ Windan of the Kvaldir says: My brothers have awoken. Your efforts are wasted...
- ^ Rodin the Reckless says: From the mist and fog the Kvaldir approach. Flee while you still breathe the air of the living...
- ^ Fengir the Disgraced says: Your offering has come too late, little one. Can you feel the mist closing in upon you? Chuck Norris return...
- ^ http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/underdev/argent-tournament.html