I'm confused. I thought the Captain who accompanied Arthas all the way to Northrend was just known simply as "The Captain". There is a character named Thornby, but he was in TFT as a guard at Theramore when Rexxar appeared. It seems someone's got the two mixed up. Warchiefthrall (talk) 20:31, 28 May 2008 (UTC)
- Checked in this very moment but I can't revert these vandalism. --N'Nanz (talk) 22:58, 28 May 2008 (UTC)
Thornby did serve under Arthas for a time, but since he appears in Kalimdor it makes no sense for him to be one and the same as the Captain. I personally believe that the Captain was more likely to be Villager Garth; but I won't vandalize my own article with that fond thought. --Timolas (talk) 16:52, 3 June 2008 (UTC)
o dear i am very sorry. i did get mixed up. in Warcraft 3 Frozen throne Thornby is a "Captain". i got mixed up. --Cholchester1221 3:59 20 June 2008 (UTC)
- Sadly this isn't the "Wouldn't it be cool" page. Oberscht (talk) 10:13, 2 January 2009 (UTC)
- This isn't the heated argument page either, guys. Shtum. ---- Vorbis Talk Contribs 14:19, 3 January 2009 (UTC)
Captain Thornby is on the warcraft 3 Rexxar campaign, he is a captain of Kul Tiras, he is certainly not the Captain Luc Valonforth.... So why was I redirected here when i searched captain thornby? Alterac Parenolde (talk) 07:12, 2 February 2009 (UTC)
See the discussion above - before WotLK Luc Valonforth was unnamed and known simply as "The Captain". An assumption that the Captain character was Thornby led to the erroneous redirect. I'll get it fixed again. ---- Vorbis Talk Contribs 11:11, 2 February 2009 (UTC)
- That's the name of the NPC in World of Warcraft and beacuse of that is the name of the article (if that is what you are refering). Benitoperezgaldos (talk) 05:23, 13 January 2009 (UTC)
- Yes but there is a problem, his original name was only "Captain", that means that putting Captain to his name is very important. If we remove the word captain is like we were removing his original name. Benitoperezgaldos (talk) 05:47, 14 January 2009 (UTC)
- Captain wasn't even his real name, and we always have "redirects". By policy yes we do cut off titles from characters with full names.Baggins (talk) 03:27, 22 February 2009 (UTC)
Arthas: Rise of the Lich King Edit
I'm not an expert of the more advanced features of article management, so can anyone tell me how to change redirects to a different article? I'll need to know how when the ETA on Rise of the Lich King lifts. --Timolas (talk) 19:50, 20 April 2009 (UTC)
- See your talk page.-- 20:00, 20 April 2009 (UTC)
- Just to clarify, since I've already been approached about this - the book, Arthas: Rise of the Lich King makes it clear that Falric and Valonforth are distinct characters, and that Falric is in actuality the real Captain from Warcraft 3.
- Falric is the playable one, the one that appears more. That makes him the captain, the one Arthas calls "captain".