|This article falls within the scope of the Warlock project.|
Updated with new information Edit
I added back the talents section because it describes which talents would benefit drain-tanking and why they should be chosen.
It doesn't belong in the talents build section because it's not a build, its a section to guide people to making a talent build which is geared towards drain-tanking high lighting to them the talents that would make their drain-tanking better.
In my opinion it is valid to answer the question "I want to drain tank, so how should I spec for it".
"It is important to mention that Fel Concentration is a necessity, as it allows your channel to be maintained." It's the same as this line, but extends to take into account all the talents.
I was thinking of taking out the above sentence as it is duplicated below in the next section, but left it in for the time being.
--Käterie 15:25, 4 May 2008 (UTC)
- IMHO, there's no need to add a list of talents which benefit drain-tanking; the list could include half of the Affliction and Demonology talents, anyway. People who ask for help would be better off looking at the Warlock builds page, where a dedicated drain-tanking build should be included.
- Apart from that, the list seems to contain talents which were picked quite arbitrarily. Improved Drain Soul is in no way a requirement for drain-tanking, neither is Improved Corruption. On the other hand: where are Unstable Affliction (which, in combination with a pet and Dark Pact, is a viable alternative to Demonic Sacrifice) and Shadow Embrace (which is an important addition for a pure drain-tanking build).
- Personally, I still favor having only the basics on this page (already covered by the how to section), whereas detailled talent and build information should be moved to the Warlock builds page. However, I will not do any changes. Other opinions would be appreciated... --bfx 16:09, 4 May 2008 (UTC)
- You are right, I'm an idiot for forgetting Shadow Embrace. I'll add Unstable Affliction and move Improved Drain Soul to recommendations.
- I still think that Improved Corruption belongs in the required list, for the main reason that if you are fighting multiples getting cast-time spells off while you are tanking is usually a very painful experiance and Fel Concentration only affects the channeled drain spells.
- --Käterie 18:53, 5 May 2008 (UTC)