I myself have no problem with that all races will be able to become Death Knight, but i hope that Blizzard change some things. It whould make sense if the Death Knights got different looks than other classes, like realy sick-looking skin, gray hair and those lines over the eyes that in-game members of Cult of the Damned have. Also, it whould not make sense if Draenei had Gift of the Naaru, becouse something tells me Death Knights ain't that much into Holy, and I don't think Arthas and the Naaru are buddies. Just rename it and give it a new animation at least. I'm not realy sure about Blood Elf Death Knights, I mean, can blood elves live on Necromantic energy instead of Arcane? Chaos of Warcraft (talk) 08:27, 16 June 2008 (UTC)
I just dont like Night Elves, Tauren, Draenei, and Trolls being Deathknights, makes no sense at all.
- He means the Blizzard Worldwide Invitational, where among other things they talked a lot about WotLK. -- Dark T Zeratul (talk) 05:29, 6 July 2008 (UTC)
- They said all those races could be Death Knights? Wow. I thought it was going to be like Paladins where it was only 2 or 3 races that could be Death Knights. Looking through the lore history I would have chosen the Humans, Orcs, and maybe Blood Elves as they have had evil knights in their background with ties to Dark Knights, which is getting close to Death Knights. Rolandius (talk - contr) 05:34, 6 July 2008 (UTC)
I could make a long statement about how any and all races can be corrupted, give examples, talk about how its not like death knights are starting in teldrassil, mulgore, and elwynn, mention how being a paladin was never a prereg for becoming a death knight, so forth and so on. Instead of getting into all of this, I'll say that this is the kind of discussion for a forum, not a wiki.Tweak the Whacked (talk) 05:38, 6 July 2008 (UTC)
- "All races can be corrupted", hm? That applies to warlocks, too. "All races can tame beasts and shoot arrows", "all races can pick up a sword and fight", "all races can worship gods", "all races can join the Silver Hand", "all races can worship the Elemental Spirits", "all races can use stealth and assassination", "all races can use arcane magic", etc. Saimdusan (talk) 07:12, 10 November 2008 (UTC)
From the second source:
- "Along those same lines, the voice emotes will be changed for Death Knights according to race. A Tauren DK will sound very different from a Dwarf DK; conversely, you will also be able to tell the race of the Death Knight by its voice."
How does this translate into "remodulated voices"? The statement in the article itself is rather confusing; one second it's talking about the voice emotes being changed, but the example used doesn't make any sense. Of course one race will have different voice emotes from another; that's the way the races are already. How does it then follow that they will have new voice acting? Laith Arkham (talk) 18:25, 24 July 2008 (UTC)
- It means that a tauren death knight will sound different to a non-death knight tauren, but will also sound different to a dwarven death knight. Saimdusan (talk) 07:14, 10 November 2008 (UTC)
All races CAN do those things, to be honest Saimdusan. It's just that some of them just don't feel the motivations or calls towards some of those classes. I'm sure the Silver Hand would take a night elf if he wanted to worship the Holy Light. And to answer the question about worshipping the Ancient Spirits: let's just say I know an American Buddhist (No, not American-Chinese...). Toran Wildpaw of the Frenzyheart (talk) 01:26, 1 May 2009 (UTC)
- It does look like she was blinking as the picture was taken. They should have taken a picture when she was not blinking. If she is not blinking then her eyes don't look red, more look like they are missing. Rolandius (talk - contr) 03:05, 28 July 2008 (UTC)
I have a picture featuring a Forsaken Death Knight, with the different skin color shown (he's not wearing a chestpiece, to show the paper-white skin.) It also shows glowing blue eyes. Would there be any objections to adding this to the page? TheAdamant (talk) 20:20, 22 September 2008 (UTC)