where are the formulas for non 5v5
this chart is wrong as well, no where is it stated that different styles(2v2 etc) are weighted for points
- The server will only convert your team that will bring you the most arena points. Thus if you are on a 2 v 2 team with 1500 rating and a 5 v 5 team with 1500 rating, you will only get arena points for the 5 v 5 team. In order to get the arena points, you must play at least 30% of the games. You can have a maximum of 5,000 arena points. The rewards cost from 1125 to 3750 arena points. - 09:25, 22 February 2007 (EST)
Calculator Wrong? Edit
So, I went to the Arena Point Calculator, and I found that it is inconsistent with the equations given only lines above the link. According to the comments made, for a 2vs2 team that has a rating of 1500, their point total for the week should be:
408*.6=244.8 (the .6 is used because, according to the comments, a 2vs2 team only gets 60% of the arena points)
but, according to the calculator that was linked, the total arena points is 163.
Here is our problem. It appears the calculator only gives 2vs2 teams *40%* of the arena points instead of the 60% as commented. Likewise, the 3vs3 team on the calculator only receives 60% of the arena points instead of the 80% as commented. The 5vs5 team gains 100% of the points as commented.
So yeah. Inconsistency in the arena points. I haven't gotten my arena points for this week yet, so anyone know which one is right? I'm guessing the calculator is wrong, in which case it needs fixin.
Edit: Mmk, the calculator linked got changed. Thanks for fixin that ^_^
What is e? Edit
in the formula: If X>1500: Y = 2894/(1+259*e^(-0.0025*X))
What does 'e' stand for? I guess its a maths term is it explained here?
- Yes, e is base for the natural log, as in loge(x).
- Incidentally, this is also why Blizzard's page is wrong when it states that, "The transformation from your Team Rating to Arena Points starts off as a linear function, but once you go beyond a certain rating threshold, the function becomes logistic. This means that you will see a significant payoff increase once your Team Rating goes beyond a certain point, but the high-end spectrum of the ratings will eventually notice a decrease in how much bang they get for their buck." (emphasis my own.) Using an exponential on e makes the curve beyond a 1500 rating logarithmic, and I've changed the article back to reflect that again, and added a note so it doesn't get undone. Blizzard's copy-editor doesn't know the difference, or they are sloppy with their spell-checker. I think I'll add a couple WP links for these topics. --Drolfeir 15:56, 24 April 2007 (EDT)
- Since it's not a typo I'm going to revert that change. LQ 22:10, 14 May 2007 (EDT)
Graph for new Formulas Edit
Added a new Graph updated for the formulas provided by Eyonix in official WoW forums
Note: I found an inconsistency in the new formula. Eyonix stated a different formula than the one that is now on Blizzards website. The difference is 819 and 918 in the formula for X>1500. It seems like one of them is a typo, but I don't know which one. I'm going to test what points I get this wednesday.
My rating is 1868 in 3v3. This means that with the old formula I got 675 points. With the one of Eyonix I would get 682, and with the one on their website I get 713 points. I will post here later which one of those I got and what formula is correct.
Edit: I found out that on their American website, they use Eyonix' formula. I'm still going to test this though.
Aiten 08:34, 2 June 2007 (UTC)
This discusses going AFK, but I thought that the system now required winning. Sysy 13:21, 6 February 2008 (UTC)
Arena Master NPCsEdit
They moved them in 2.4 and I have no idea where they are now. List of their locations might be helpful for the clueless. --01:22, 15 April 2008 (UTC)
There is getting to be alot of info in this page and more to come, most likely. I'd at least like to see the criticism stuff split out and probably rating stuff too. -- (talk · contr) 3:19 PM PST 23 Apr 2008
- Yes this page is deffenatly in need of a split imo aswell. My propose is to split it into 3 pages; Arena Seaons and Rewards, this would insclude the whole S3 part and later S4 part, this could possibly also include critisisms; Arena Mechanics, this would be all about rating calculation, preparation time ,creating a team etc.; Arena Strategies, this would include the most comon setups in diffrent arena brackets 2v2, 3v3 and 5v5.
- Dranesis (talk) 16:38, 11 June 2008 (UTC)
Merciless/Vengeful Gladiator Title Information Missing Edit
This article should include that the top 2v2, 3v3, and 5v5 team in each battlegroup is rewarded with the season's gladiator title at the end of the said season. I am unsure how to format this, however.
Class Combo's Edit
Maybe we; and with we I mean you guys who know anything about this, should create for each team type (2, 3 or 5) a list with all good, common and advised class combo's (with spec). I'd do it, but I have no idea what are good combo's. (ANyone knows the good classes for an ele Shaman? Jupitus (talk) 19:29, August 25, 2010 (UTC)