Stones are simple mineral items usually gathered from mineral veins or deposits and often usable as an ingredient for professions (usually Blacksmithing, Engineering, or Jewelcrafting). Stones are also a drop from Earth Elementals, Fire Elementals, and Infernals, corresponding in quality to the mob's level.
Five types of stone, in order of skill level required to manipulate:
Uses for stone
From each stone can be made the correspondent blasting powder (with Engineering); and the correspondent grinding stone, sharpening stone, and weightstone (with Blacksmithing), or the corresponding Statue (with Jewelcrafting)
- Blasting powder is used mostly for dynamite, bombs, ammo, and products like that.
- Grinding stones are used in recipes for crafting weapons.
- Sharpening stones are used to temporarily buff an edged weapon such as a sword or axe.
- Weightstones are used to temporarily buff a blunt weapon such as a mace.
- Statues (such as Rough Stone Statue, Heavy Stone Statue, etc.) create temporary healing golems.