|Stance of the Sturdy Ox|
|Cooldown||(GCD 1 sec)|
Stance of the Sturdy Ox is a monk stance learned at level 10 for those with the Brewmaster specialization. It is a tanking stance and provides a host of benefits, including the ability to stagger damage.
Staggering damage is unique to Brewmaster monks, allowing them to avoid taking a full, possibly lethal, amount of damage all at once. Instead, they take 80% of the damage up front, then the remaining 20% is applied over 10 seconds. This makes it much easier for healers to keep the monk alive, as well as allowing time for the monk to use if high enough level.
- Patch 5.0.4 (28 August 2012): Added.