Serpent Sting is a passive hunter ability learned at level 68 for those with the survival specialization.
- Serpent Sting is a poison, and thus can be cleansed by druids, paladins, and shamans, as well as any mob that can cleanse poison. Rogues can dispel it with Cloak of Shadows, and dwarves with their Stoneform racial ability.
Patch changes Edit
- Patch 6.0.2 (14-October-2014): Serpent Sting has been redesigned based on Serpent Spread and is now available only to Survival Hunters.; Serpent Sting now causes Multi-Shot and Arcane Shot to also apply a Serpent Sting poison dealing instant and periodic damage.
- / Patch 4.0.1 (12-Oct-2010): Is available at level 10 for 10 23.
- Patch 3.2.2 (2009-09-22): Hunter Tier-9 2-Piece Set Bonus: Critical damage from Serpent Sting will now work properly with the Mortal Shots and Expose Weakness talents.
- / Patch 3.0.2 (14-Oct-2008): Gained bonus damage equal to 20% of the hunter's Attack Power, up from 10%.
- Patch 2.3.0 (13-Nov-2007): Now scales with ranged attack power instead of spell damage. It was considered to be a nature-spell-damage based attack thus was buffed by all nature and general spell-damage buffs including and not limited to: Wizard oil, Improved divine spirit, Wrath of Air Totem. This is no longer the case.
- Patch 2.0.3 (09-Jan-2007): "Serpent Sting’s" initial, non-threatening application no longer consumes a charge of Misdirection.