Running Wild is a worgen racial ability, treated by the game as a mount. This ability, only usable outdoors, causes the worgen to stretch onto all four legs, increasing movement speed by 60% at level 20-39, and by 100% faster at 40+.
- Despite Zarhym specifically stating that it is somewhat different, Running Wild is essentially the same concept as Plainsrunning, the original Tauren "mount" ability before the addition of kodo beast mounts. The only real difference lies in the mechanics; rather than trying to design a new type of movement to compete with mounts, Running Wild is mechanically identical to a ground mount, and simply uses a special animation rather than a mount graphic.
- Worgen may still use other mounts, obviously.
- The ability is automatically learned at level 20 in addition to Apprentice riding, this saves Worgen players some money as they do not have to spend 4 to learn Apprentice Riding and buy a mount.
- Worgen Warlocks may find Running Wild redundant due to the Summon Felsteed skill available at the same level.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Added.