|This article or section is an ability or talent stub. You can help expand it by editing it.|
Rank 1 grants half the mana gain, while rank 2 grants the full mana.
The talent requires Water Shield to be active on you to work. If you do not have Water Shield up when you crit, you will not gain any mana.
Talents that increase your spell crit chance, such as Thundering Strikes, Tidal Mastery, and Blessing of the Eternals, will increase the value of this talent. Using Tidal Waves will greatly increase your crit chance for a short period, thus granting mana back through this talent.
- Patch 4.2.0 (28-Jun-2011): Improved Water Shield has been redesigned and renamed Resurgence. When Water Shield is active, Resurgence causes critical direct heals to restore mana (Resurgence rank 2 is roughly equal to 150% of the old Improved Water Shield value when a Healing Wave or Greater Healing Wave critically hits, and scaled down accordingly for faster or multi-target spells).
- / Patch 4.0.1 (12-Oct-2010): Reduced from 3 to 2 ranks. 30/60% chance added to Healing Surge, replacing Lesser Healing Wave.
- Patch 3.2.0 (04-Aug-2009): This talent now has a 10/20/30% chance to be triggered by Chain Heal, and the charges of Water Shield are no longer consumed by this talent.
- Patch 3.0.8 (2009-01-20): Lesser Healing Wave now has a reduced chance to trigger this talent.
- / Patch 3.0.2 (14-Oct-2008): Added.