Repair Bots are engineer-made mechanical creatures that can buy unwanted goods, sell reagents and (what is most important) repair gear. They are typically consumed upon use. (Jeeves is currently the sole repair bot that is not consumed on use.)
As they can be summoned at need (albeit with a cooldown period and often consuming a copy of the bot), they can save great amounts of time on raids and in instances.
- Recipe found: Blackrock Depths, near Golem Lord Argelmach, on the floor. The schematic is not a bag item. To learn it, engineers will have to visit Blackrock Depths and pick up the schematic themselves.
- Required engineering skill: 300
Significantly more expensive to use than a vendor (any vendor). Some may consider the schematic for the Field Repair Bot 74A to be the most rare element due to its obscurity. Consumed upon use.
- Recipe found: drops from Gan'arg Analyzers
- Required engineering skill: 360
Introduced in Patch 2.3.0, using this bot is still more expensive than a vendor, but much cheaper than the 74A unit. Consumed upon use.
- Recipe found: quest reward for completing the quest chain started by the
- Required engineering skill: 415
Introduced with Patch 3.0.2, this bot is about as expensive to use as a neutral vendor. As it uses Northrend materials, it is generally considered easier to make than the 110G unit. Consumed upon use.
- Recipe found: salvaged from various mechanical mobs in Northrend.
- Required engineering skill: 450
Introduced in Patch 3.2.0, Jeeves is a departure from the previous line of repair bots. Unlike the previous generations of repair bots, Jeeves is not consumed upon use. The high material requirements reflect this.
The Traveler's Tundra Mammoth features a repair vendor riding one of the seats. While this mount cannot be summoned in most instances, its vendor performs much the same function as a repair bot.