| This article or section is a Cataclysm stub. You can help expand it by editing it.
|The Return of Baron Geddon|
|Start||Malfurion Stormrage [49.1, 33.3]|
|End||Malfurion Stormrage [49.1, 33.3]|
Requires Level 80
or 2790 at Level 100
|Reputation||+350 Guardians of Hyjal|
|Rewards|| or or |
Channel the Flameseer's Staff to weaken Baron Geddon.
The dreaded Baron Geddon is leading the onslaught and we must put an end to this rampage.
The Flameseer's Staff has proven powerful. Perhaps it is powerful enough to weaken him to the point where our arch druids can bind him where he stands.
Go, <name> and be careful. Baron Geddon is a vengeful and treacherous being.
Is it done yet, <name>?
Well done, <name>. We cannot afford to lose any further ground in Hyjal.
By stopping Baron Geddon we will have dealt a huge blow to the enemy.
Head to the Circle of Cinders in the center of the valley. Welcome back to Molten Core. Geddon is being tanked by , dpsed by and three-healed by the . Geddon has ~53 million health and maintains two classic abilities:
- —Surrounds the caster with an inferno that periodically inflicts Fire damage to nearby enemies or 8 sec. While the caster is aflame, she cannot move or use her abilities. Instant. 8 second channel. Triggers...
- —As a final act of revenge, Baron Geddon has made you a living bomb! Move away from your allies! "Cast" on the player after reaching 20 stacks. After 10 seconds, the player and any units within 5 yards are thrown upward and will take fall damage on landing.
The bear and cat dutifully run out when Geddon casts Inferno, along with some color commentary:
- Galrond of the Claw yells: Fall back!!!
- Galrond of the Claw yells: Here it comes, fall back!
- Galrond of the Claw yells: Move back! His flames are too intense!
- Galrond of the Claw yells: Look out!
- Galrond of the Claw yells: Move back!
- Galrond of the Claw yells: Get away from him until the fire dies down!
The staff has a 10 yard range, so it will be necessary to move in and out too. The Arch Druids are standing outside the radius of Inferno, so use them as a stopping point, or stick to Galrond. It takes 20 seconds of channeling to complete the quest, but those seconds need not be consecutive... not that they can be.
-  / 
- Side chain under Nordrassil:
- Furion's side chain:
Patch 4.0.3 (15-Nov-2010): Added