|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 4.0.1.|
|Judgement and Redemption|
|Start||Lord Grayson Shadowbreaker|
|End||Darkreaver's Fallen Charger|
Requires Level 60
or 5969 at Level 100
|Rewards||able to summon Charger|
Use the Divination Scryer in the heart of the Great Ossuary's basement in the Scholomance. Doing so will bring forth the spirits you must judge. Defeating these spirits will summon forth Death Knight Darkreaver. Defeat him and reclaim the lost soul of the fallen charger.
Quest Text Edit
Take this satchel - in it are the items you will need for your task.
Use the divination scryer in the heart of the Great Ossuary's basement to bring forth accursed spirits that must be judged. Use your judgments wisely during this trial - they will prove more potent than you realize. After the spirits, the death knight will appear; defeat him and reclaim the lost soul of the charger. Only then <Name>, will you be able to redeem it and place your barding upon your new steed!
The spirit of the fallen charger looks upon you with a mournful gaze. Sad, almost hollow eyes look at you as though all hope was lost to it.
A glimmer of life - long vacant from the poor beast - shines in its eyes as you hand its judged soul back to it. You feel a holy rush of power surge around you as you place the barding on its back, having judged the charger redeemed. The charger nuzzles your hand as the burdens of the past are lifted from the beast. You now feel as though you could call upon this beast to serve as your steed, should the need arise.
You have claimed your epic charger, Paladin! Congratulations!
You will learn:
Upon completion of this quest you will gain:
Organize a party which will ideally contain 2-3 Paladins, a Priest, a Warlock/Mage, and a Rogue. Having multiple Paladins is highly advantageous since the mechanics of this fight can make use of several Judgments and Stuns. Additionally, a Priest is beneficial for their Shackle Undead crowd control ability.
Have your party move to the corner by the door so you have some breathing room. Place your Scryer on the opposite corner of the room and run over to join your party. Placing the Scryer here allows members of your party to rest at certain points of this fight. Waves of mobs will be spawned, each requiring a particular Judgment to be used on them in order to defeat them. The proper Judgment will release a strong AoE effect against the mobs and/or stun them.
Once you drop a scryer, Rattlegore's room will become locked. If you wipe, you will need to reset the instance and clear back to it again. The more paladins you have in your party will mean more chances at completing the event without having to return to Stormwind for a new scryer. Should you fail with only one paladin in the group the paladin must abandon the quest which will destroy the barding in their inventory. Taking the quest again will provide you with a new scryer and barding.
- The correct judgement used on the Aspects and Spirits triggers an ability called Holy Blast: it inflicts a 4 second stun and 1641 to 1859 holy damage to enemies within 10 yards of your target.
- At the end of each wave of "X" Spirits, a mob named Aspect of "X" will appear. Killing it ends the wave and immediately starts the next wave. Most of the next wave's initial mobs will spawn on top of the Scryer.
- Banal Spirits are the easiest - they are not elite - you can gather them all up as one and judge away. The aspect of Banality comes out with two spirits, so long as they are kept with the aspect they can be Holy Blasted with Judgement of Wisdom.
- Malicious Spirits are elite and use bleed attacks (rend, deep wounds), and the Aspect of Banality has a Curse of Blood AoE attack. The spirits generally spawn spread out and are easy to pull one at a time.
- Corrupted Spirits spawn in threes and are elite. They have a Corrupted Stamina disease aura — it lowers your stamina by about 100. Judgement of Righteousness causes the Holy Blast effect as well as the holy damage from the judgement itself, so you'll see them fall down pretty fast. Especially if there's a paladin over 66 in the mix.
- Shadowed Spirits have a Shadowbolt Volley and a Shadow Shield that absorbs damage. It can absorb about 1500 damage, which is about the same amount that one Holy Wrath from a high level paladin will do, or a Holy Blast effect from a Judgement of Light. There are only about 5 of them, but the shadowbolt AoE can quickly overwhelm your healer.
- Darkreaver has a Shadowbolt attack and can cast Dominate Mind one of your party members. He will dominate someone that is not the top of the threat list. Other than that he doesn't hit any harder than the aspects (but the shadowbolt can hit for 1.3k, so healers, watch out!) and tends to die pretty fast.
In order of waves, use the following Judgments:
- Any seal, with Judgement of Wisdom (Banal Spirits/Aspect of Banality)
- Any seal, with Judgement of Justice (Malicious Spirits/Aspect of Malice)
- Seal of Righteousness, with any Judgement (Corrupted Spirits/Aspect of Corruption)
- Any seal, with Judgement of Light (Shadowed Spirits/Aspect of Shadow)
- Use your Shadow Resistance Aura during the Shadowed Spirits wave.
- Bring multiple paladins for multiple Judgments.
- Use the Judgments when the mobs are grouped up to maximize the AoE damage and stun.
After the last wave of mobs, the death knight Darkreaver will appear. Slay him and a spirit horse will appear. Loot the quest item from Darkreaver, target the horse, and use the quest item. You will then be able to turn the quest in to the horse.
Patches and hotfixesEdit
- Patch 1.4.0 (2005-05-05): Added.
Quest progression Edit
The paladin must complete both the Censer series, and the Barding series, after which he is offered the Scryer quests. The two series are otherwise independent.
- The Censer
- The Barding
- The Scryer (after both Censer and Barding are complete)