Requires Level 49
or 6329 at Level 100
- Help Arei get to Safety
The skull of Gul'dan ensured that none were spared here. All fell to the corruption.
Even now, as a spirit, I still find myself trapped, bearing the suffering of this land. Help me find my way home. Please, <name>, tell me you will lead an ancient spirit away from here, where I may finally rest.
Once I am free, seek out Kayneth Stillwind, a druid that resides in Forest Song, to the east.
Yes, <name>. Felwood has been through much hardship. Thank you for what you have done.
One day, we may be able to reclaim Felwood from the corruption; every kind deed helps.
Upon completion of this quest you will gain:
- On accept
- Arei says: Please, help me to get through this cursed forest, <race>.
- In combat
- This creature suffers from the effects of the fel... We must end its misery.
- I regret that I must fight this <target>.
- That I must fight my own kind deeply saddens me.
- Help me with this <target>!
- I sense the taint of corruption upon this <target>. Help me destroy it!
- This <target> has been driven mad from the corruption!
- Crossing the river
- The corruption has not left any of the creatures of Felwood untouched, <name>. Please, be on your guard.
- Objective complete
- Arei says: I can sense it now, <name>. Ashenvale lies down this road.
- Arei says: I feel... something strange...
- Arei says: <name>, my form has now changed! The true strength of my spirit is returning to me now... The cursed grasp of the forest is leaving me.
- Arei says: Thank you, <name>. Now my spirit will finally be at peace.
This quest used to involve escorting Arei all the way down to Ashenvale. It was changed a long time ago and now takes much less time (and is much easier on a PVP realm, as it's easy to find the opposing faction along Felwood's only road).