|This article or section is a quest stub. You can help expand it by editing it.|
|A Blade Fit For a Champion|
or 13229 at Level 100
|Reputation||+250 The Silver Covenant|
Some of the champions believe an ancient weapon born of Northrend will bring them luck in the tourney. I have agreed to help them search for these weapons.
There's an old legend from Grizzly Hills about a maiden cursed with a frog's form to protect the blade she has long guarded. She lives among the lake frogs on the shore of Ashwood Lake, just east of Ashwood Post. The only thing said to break the curse is a
/kiss, freely given. Apply this balm before kissing anything, <name>. Otherwise, you'll catch warts.
Were you able to recover the blade?
So there is some truth to those old tales? It seems the did not like about the quality of the blade. Well done, <name>. The champion who wields it will be a lucky man indeed.
- Ashwood Lake is just to the east of Ashwood Post, which is itself to the southeast of Grizzlemaw and southwest of Camp Oneqwah in south-central Grizzly Hills.
- Friendly Lake Frogs roam the lake. Apply the , then blow a
/kissto one. Reapply balm as necessary to avoid getting debuffed with "Warts!"
- Since you might be doing that a lot of times, a macro might help:
/use Warts-B-gone Lip Balm
There is also a nice frog icon for that macro (at the last page as of 3.3)
- Players will eventually get lucky and find the Maiden of Ashwood Lake, who immediately spawns saying "Can it really be? Free after all these years?"
- The following gossip text then takes place:
- I thought I'd never be free from that terrible curse. You have my gratitude, stranger.
- Glad to help, my lady. I'm told you were once the guardian of a fabled sword. Do you know where I might find it?
- Take it with my gratitude, <class>.
- After 15–30 seconds, the Maiden will despawn saying "And now, I must return to the waters of the lake."
-  and complete the daily quests listed below to earn enough to continue. (15 seals at 5 per day)
- Players will be offered one of these quests based on their race:
-  and complete the daily quests listed below to earn enough to continue. (25 seals at 5 per day)
After completing "", the following quests open up allowing players to repeat the valiant stage of daily quests (steps six and seven) for the other factions with which they have not yet earned the right to champion:
Patches and hotfixesEdit
- Patch 3.1.0 (14-Apr-2009): Added.