|Cooldown||(GCD 1 sec)|
Modified by Edit
- Mutilate does higher initial damage than even .
- It has a high energy cost.
- Only available when two daggers are equipped.
- Because mutilate attacks with both weapons, both attacks have a chance to crit. The crit chance for an additional combo point is 2 x Crit - Crit2.
Patch changes Edit
- Patch 6.2.0 (23-Jun-2015): Mutilate now deals 30% more damage.
- Patch 5.4.0 (10-Sep-2013) Mutilate now deals 280% weapon damage (up from 200%).
- Patch 4.2.2 (30-August-2011): Incorrectly appears as trainable in spellbook for non-Assassination spec rogues.
- Patch 3.3.0 (08-Dec-2009): The tooltip on this ability will now update properly from talents which increase its damage by a percentage. In addition, the damage from this ability can now be blocked.
- Patch 3.0.9 (2009-02-10): Damage will now do 20% increased damage against poisoned targets, down from 50%.
- Patch 3.0.8 (2009-01-20): This ability will no longer give poisons on the off-hand weapon two chances to be triggered.
- / Patch 3.0.2 (14-Oct-2008): Mutilate (Assassination) no longer requires you be behind the target.
- Patch 2.4.2 (2008-05-13): Mutilate (Assassination) will no longer incorrectly appear multiple times in the combat log when used.
- Patch 2.1.0 (22-May-2007): Added a new double-attack animation for Mutilate.; This ability will now always consume the Cold Blood buff when it strikes an opponent.
- Patch 2.0.3 (09-Jan-2007): Using the rogue ability "Mutilate" when not behind your target will no longer initiate combat.
- ^ Blizzard Entertainment. Rogue: My spellbook says I can train Mutilate and Mutilate Off-Hand, but I can't!. Blizzard Support. Retrieved on 2011-09-16.