Metamorphosis is a warlock ability learned at level 10 for those with the Demonology specialization. It is the hallmark of that specialization, allowing use of a demonic form powered by Demonic Fury, granting an array of unique abilities.
- While shapeshifted, the demon-form warlock can be banished. Demon form is also susceptible to Turn Evil and grants an auto-crit on Exorcism but is immune to enslave demon.
- Also you speak Demonic instead of your normal language.
- Metamorphosis can be used for AoE Farming by picking up a bunch of Mobs and then using Immolation Aura and Hellfire
- Metamorphosis is adapted from the iconic demon hunter ability of the same name, and is visually based on Illidan Stormrage's demon form.
- Metamorphosis is considered [form:2] in macros.
- At one point, warlocks in demon form could be enslaved.
- / Patch 4.0.1 (12-Oct-2010): Challenging Howl, Shadow Cleave, and Demonic Charge Removed, Replaced with Demon Leap.