Mammoths are shaggy beasts that resemble elephants. They live in Northrend and are capable of dealing frightening damage. In addition to their long tusks, a horny protrusion of bone juts from their foreheads and another protrudes from their backs. Mammoths charge large foes. the diet of the mammoth is mainly grass and sedges. Individuals could probably reach the age of 60.
- Icetusk Mammoth
- Dire Mammoth
- Wooly mammoth
- Khu'nok the Behemoth
- Orphaned Mammoth Calf
- Moria <Kaw's War Mammoth>
- Emaciated Mammoth
- Emaciated Mammoth Bull
- Emaciated Mammoth Calfω
- Enraged Mammoth
- Injured Mammothω
- Ironwool Mammothω
- Phantasmal Mammoth
- Plains Mammothω
- Shattertusk Bullω
- Shattertusk Mammoth
- Stampeding Mammothω
- Stoic Mammothω
- Trapped Mammoth Calf
- Wooly Mammothω
- Scourged Mammoth
- Wooly Mammoth Bull
In Wrath of the Lich King EditThis section concerns content exclusive to Wrath of the Lich King.
Wrath of the Lich King mounts Edit
Mammoths were added in WoTLK and are some of the first multi-passenger vehicle mounts.
|Reins of the Wooly Mammoth||Mei Francis <Exotic Mounts> in Dalaran||200|
|Reins of the Traveler's Tundra Mammoth||Mei Francis <Exotic Mounts> in Dalaran||18000||2 Passengers, with Vendors|
|Reins of the Ice Mammoth||Lillehoff <The Sons of Hodir Quartermaster>||1000||Requires The Sons of Hodir - Revered|
|Reins of the Grand Ice Mammoth||Lillehoff <The Sons of Hodir Quartermaster>||10000||Requires The Sons of Hodir - Exalted, 2 Passengers|
|Reins of the Black War Mammoth||<Wintergrasp Quartermaster>||2000 /2000||Was 300 in .|
|Reins of the Grand Black War Mammoth||Archavon the Stone Watcher||Boss Drop||2 Passengers|
- Mammoths share some resemblance to elephants (or even elekks), such as having a trunk, and ear flaps.
- Mam'toth was the Loa god of mammoths for the Drakkari. When they tried to steal his power, he destroyed himself and all those around him, resulting inMam'toth Crater.
- Emaciated Mammoth Calfs always follow an adult Emaciated Mammoth, sometimes however they get attacked by Tundra Scavengersω . The parent is obviously too hungry to care and will just leave the poor little fellow to its fate. If, however, you kill the Scavengers, the calf will be confused for a bit and then run straight back to its parent.
- Injured Mammoths are periodically attacked by Magnataur Alphas that wander Dragonblight. The magnataur will normally win.