|Cooldown||(GCD 1 sec)|
Magma Totem is a shaman ability learned at level 36 for those with the Enhancement specialization. It is a fire totem that causes AoE fire damage. It is one of the Shaman's two AoE attacks, considered to be superior to because it does not generate threat.
Modified by Edit
- This totem is particularly useful in PvP against stealthed rogues. Damage from a Magma Totem pulse will bring a rogue out of stealth.
- Useless against high fire resistant players/mobs.
- When combined with , it is a highly effective AoE in trash fights during raids, putting the shaman on par with mages and other AoE-heavy classes.
Patch changes Edit
- Patch 6.0.2 (14-October-2014): Magma Totem is now available only to Enhancement Shaman.; Totems will no longer cause hostile creatures to enter combat with the Shaman based on proximity.; Magma Totem’s damage has been increased by 100%, and now ticks faster with Haste.
- Patch 5.1.0 (27-Nov-2012): All totems are now considered spells, and summoning totems can be prevented by silencing effects. Searing Totem, Magma Totem, and Fire Elemental totems fall into the Fire school, while all other totems fall under the Nature school.
- Patch 4.1.0 (26-Apr-2011): Magma Totem now lasts for 60 seconds, up from 21.
- Patch 3.0.8 (2009-01-20): The damage and scaling has been increased and no longer generates threat.
- / Patch 3.0.2 (14-Oct-2008): All totems are now considered on the "Physical" school, and no longer magical spells.
- Patch 2.4.0 (25-Mar-2008): The Global Cooldown of all Totems has been reduced to 1 seconds, down from 1.5 seconds.
- Patch 2.1.0 (22-May-2007): This totem will now correctly do damage on its 10th tick, right before despawning.
- Patch 1.11.0 (20-Jun-2006): This totem now receives increased damage from effects that increase the Shaman’s spell damage.