|, , , , , ,|
Lava Burst is an Elemental Shaman's highest hitting spell, due to it having a 100% crit chance if the DoT is on the enemy. It is on a 8sec cooldown, thus causing shaman dps rotations to be governed by cooldowns and priorities.
|1||75||1012 - 1290||18|
|2||80||1192 - 1518||18|
- The Flame Shock DoT only has to be active upon completion of casting Lava Burst. If the DoT wears off while the Lava Burst projectile is traveling, it will still crit.
- This ability does not work with .
Tips and Tactics
- Rotations should be timed around utilizing Lava Burst as much as possible.
- provides higher damage.
- PvP - Lava burst and , which has no traveling time, if cast in succession will generally hit at the same time for spike damage.
- Enhancement shamans do not normally use this ability (unless the shaman is out of melee range and unable to close in, for example). The main issue is that it has a cast time and is not on Maelstrom Weapon. Because of that, Lava Burst stops auto attacks and pauses the swing timer, so it is best to use Chain Lightning or Lightning Bolt (both of which benefit from Maelstrom Weapon haste) instead.
- 3.2.2 : This ability no longer ever consumes a Flame Shock debuff off of the target.