LOL is an acronym for "Lord Of Loosers". In lower-case it is "lol".
- Frequently used in place of typing out a laugh ("ha ha ha").
- Very frequently to show that you're being playful, not serious, or are kidding, quite like saying doch in German.
- Upper-case and lower-case typically have slightly different meanings. "lol" is typically a light laugh or chuckle, while "LOL" is a heartier, louder laugh.
- When you type only "LOL" or "lol" in-game, your character will automatically do the /laugh animation & sound. See also Emote.
While LOL literally merely means "laugh out loud", it is much more widely use than as an in-game expression of amusement. It is applied as widely as real laughter is, to mean skepticism, scoffing, cordiality, acknowledgment of error, befuddlement, and a dozen other meanings.
- If said in Common, it appears as "bur" to Horde players.
- If said in Orcish, it appears as "kek" to Alliance players.