|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft after the Warlords of Draenor opened the Dark Portal.|
|Cooldown||(GCD 1 sec)|
Hunter's Mark is a hunter ability learned at level 14. It visibly marks a target, increasing the ranged damage of all attacks made against the target. It is somewhat unique in that it has an extremely long range and can be cast on an enemy without putting the hunter into combat. This allows casting of Hunter's Mark on a target before engaging it, saving a global cooldown later in the fight. Hunter's Mark also causes the target to appear on the hunter's mini-map and to remain visible to the hunter and his/her party even if it uses stealth or invisibility. Note that the target is not prevented from using stealth; it merely remains visible even if it does.
- The ranged damage bonus applies to everyone attacking the target, most notably other hunters. A target may only be affected by one Hunter's Mark, and the ability does not stack if cast by multiple hunters.
- The duration of Hunter's Mark is significantly reduced in PvP. The effect can also be dispelled by priests and paladins.
Tips and tactics Edit
- The Hunter's Mark should be used before pulling a mob, if possible.
- Use this on mobs that can stealth so they can be targeted when they try to disappear.
- Using Hunter's Mark in PvP will alert the targeted player to the hunter's presence, which may or may not be advisable. This can be used to an advantage, however, by making enemies think they are the target of attack rather than an their allies or by tricking them into avoiding the hunter's location if they think the hunter has stealthed allies nearby.
Patch changes Edit
- Patch 5.4.0 (10-Sep-2013) Hunter's Mark now has a duration of 20 seconds while in PvP combat (down from 30 seconds).
- Patch 3.1.2 (2009-05-19): The ranged attack power bonus from this ability has been increased from 300 to 500. Applies to rank 5.
- Patch 2.4.0 (25-Mar-2008): Hunters with Improved Hunter’s Mark will now properly overwrite Hunter’s Mark cast by Hunters without the talent.
- Patch 2.1.0 (22-May-2007): This ability now becomes stronger each time the target is struck by a ranged attack.