|Cooldown||(GCD 1 sec)|
Howling Blast is a death knight ability learned at level 55 for death knights with the frost specialization. It allows the death knight to blast several targets around them for frost damage. While the tooltip damage may seem low, it benefits from Attack Power.
- Patch 5.2.0 (5-Mar-2013): Howling Blast now deals 8% more damage to the primary target. Damage to other enemies in the area-of-effect remains unchanged.
- Patch 5.0.4 (28-August-2012): Updated.
- Patch 4.1.0 (26-Apr-2011): Damage has been increased by 20%. To compensate, the area-of-effect splash now does 50% of the single-target damage, down from 60%. The net result of this change leaves the area-of-effect damage roughly the same as 4.0.6 numbers. In addition, Howling Blast now has a facing requirement.
- Patch 4.0.6 (8-Feb-2011): Howling Blast now deals 40% less damage to all targets other than the primary target of the spell.
- / Patch 4.0.1 (12-Oct-2010): Cost reduced to one frost rune, down from one frost and one unholy.
- Patch 3.1.0 (14-Apr-2009): Base damage and scaling doubled.This ability no longer deals bonus damage to targets with Frost Fever. 8-second cooldown. Swapped positions with Hungering Cold in the talent tree. Each rank now properly shares a cooldown with the other ranks.
- Patch 3.0.8 (2009-01-20): Cooldown removed.