Looks like most of the red links from this page are permanent edit links, so even if I fill in the target, the link still goes to the page in edit mode.
- -- Fandyllic 8:15 AM PDT 08 May 2005
As this page is locked, please add
[[Category:Help]]. Thanks, Laisren 07:48, 30 Nov 2005 (EST)
This page should be updated to provide examples to valid pages in the WoWWiki and not junk pages like video policy and cities in morocco and it has links to other random pages like new line. Ralthor 00:55, 1 Mar 2006 (EST)
- Made a new page that will hopefully replace this page one day, Help:Editing/Dev --Ralthor 00:19, 28 April 2006 (EDT)
In section 4.5 HTML Tables
There is a link to this page m:Help:Table should be Help:Table
Image Example Code Typos Edit
"A picture with alternate text" and the following captioned one have one but need two open and closing braces on the examples:
- AnduinLothar 01:07, 4 May 2006 (EDT)
Is there a WoWWiki code for doing money symbols? RobertM525 00:30, 16 August 2006 (EDT)
Help:Editing/Dev discontinued Edit
I've copied over the contents of Help:Editing/Dev to Help:Editing and deleted the Dev page. Help:Editing is now unlocked until there's a reason to lock it. Contents of Help talk:Editing/Dev follow: --Mikk (T) 12:54, 29 August 2006 (EDT)
Alright the Help:Editing page, as it is now, bugs the hell outa me, because of all the poor examples. (No offense to whoever copied it from wikipedia, it is tons better than nothing). I have attempted to update it to be used specifically for wowwiki.
- Removed mention on other languages (we don't have seperate namespaces for different languages)
- Removed links that didn't exist in WoWWiki
- Changed link examples to WoWWiki examples.
- Added a note about doing a template link
- Corrected some errors (i.e. like being able to edit without logging it, which WoWWiki doesn't allow).
Things which I think should be removed:
- ISBN - It doesn't seem to work, although could have some uses for references WoW books
- RFC - WTF? I don't know that this will ever be used.
- Sound - I couldn't find a sound file that has been uploaded, although I don't think it can be removed, if anyone knows of a sound file that is on WoWWiki we should link it here.
- Links for Dates - This section should be removed, I don't think it is beneficial to have a bunch of red links to date pages that don't exist just so people can see the date in their prefered style (if that even works).
I'd love to hear what other people think and hopefully get that page changed when people thing this Dev page is good enough.
--Ralthor 21:14, 10 April 2006 (EDT)
- Ok since no one had any comments, I removed RFC and links to date, I left ISBN and sound since those could potentially be usefull. --Ralthor 12:21, 2 May 2006 (EDT)
Split into pulled-in subpages Edit
There's been some sort of wonky markup problem in this page for a while now, where it keeps ruining the wiki HTML layout.
I've been trying to find the erronous markup with no success, so I abused one feature of templates where they automagically enforce termination of unclosed tags at the end of each template - I moved all four tables to subpages. This seems to have fixed the problem for us.
-- (T) 13:13, 7 October 2006 (EDT)
External Link New Target Edit
I can't find how to have a link open a new window, but it must be possible since this page, Help:Editing page opens in another window (from the editing page). Can anyone point me in the right direction? I've visited the main Wikipedia help pages, but that just gets WAY too confusing. Scotti 05:20, 7 November 2006 (EST)
- There's no way to do that from inside the wiki as far as I know. The editing page link to help:editing is special. -- (T) 07:22, 7 November 2006 (EST)
Complicated Formulae? Edit
The page says it's possible to insert formulas into the page as in the example:
In reality it doesn't seem to do anything - tags <math> stay bare. I thought it would run that fragment of code through TEX processor, convert it into an image and insert link to that image... Well at least this is how wikipedia.org works.
Fibby 01:22, 20 August 2007 (UTC)