- The Light has seen fit to give you a second chance. Don’t waste it. (TCG)
Guardian Spirit is a priest ability learned at level 70 for those with the Holy specialization. A friendly target receives 60% more healing for 10 seconds. If the target dies while under the effect of the spell, the Guardian Spirit will prevent death by sacrificing itself and restore 50% of the target's maximum health.
- Any friendly target can only benefit from Guardian Spirit every 60 seconds (internal cooldown)
- Guardian Spirit prevents death, it will not reset a target's threat.
- The ability can be dispelled and is not affected by global cooldown.
- Guardian Spirit is able to heal critically.
- Guardian Spirit won't prevent death from fall damage.
- A paladin's Ardent Defender heal must be on cooldown before Guardian Spirit can be consumed.
- The maximum amount that can be healed by Guardian Spirit appears to be roughly 100,000 health. This includes players and NPCs.
- This is the Holy priest's panic button when a party member is about to die.
- Casting Guardian Spirit on the tank will allow the priest to heal other party members, while the tank is safe.
- Using a macro or addon to announce your target is recommended.
- Patch 3.0.3 (04-Nov-2008): A target may now have only one Guardian Spirit active.
- / Patch 3.0.2 (14-Oct-2008): Added.