|This article or section is an achievement stub. You can help expand it by editing it.|
From Hell's Heart I Stab at Thee is an achievement earned from killing a Whale Shark, large shark-like mobs that roam Vashj'ir.
A Whale Shark is practically impossible to tank because they can hit over 500,000 damage (850,000 on clothies). The only way to kill a Whale Shark and earn the achievement is to kite it, which can take quite some time. Tanks can, however, hold and continue to hold aggro by using whatever they have to hold aggro on a Whale Shark, while staying in distance to it (8-15 meters away at least). Going over 20 can result in resetting the mob or most likely going after another member of your raid/group.
- If trying to solo a Whale Shark, keep this in mind: Going over 20 meters will reset it, causing it to go back to it's original spot it was at before you started kiting it. However, if doing it with one or two other players and you're the one the Whale Shark is after, you'll lose all aggro on it instead and it'll chase your partner/another member of your party.
- Players with melee specs will have no success in kiting a Whale Shark (with the exception of a Death Knight). If you're trying to earn the achievement as a Warrior or Rogue, grouping up with a player who can kite a Whale Shark is the only way to obtain this achievement.
- To be noted: Whale Sharks do not have any drops for players to loot or cannot be skinned when killed. The purpose of the Whale Shark is the achievement.
- The achievement's name is a reference to Moby Dick. The words From Hell's Heart I Stab at Thee are from a line said from Ahab, a character in the story, when he encounters Moby Dick. The line itself goes like this:
- ... to the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee.
Patch changes Edit
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Added.