|This article or section is an ability or talent stub. You can help expand it by editing it.|
- Concussion beats concentration. [TCG src]
Earth Shock is an instant cast spell that causes an amount of nature damage and reduces the target's attack speed by 10% for 8 seconds. Earth Shock (most of the time) is the second best Shock spell (in damage per mana ratio and efficiency) in the Shaman player's arsenal.
|1||4||17 - 19||1|
|2||8||32 - 34||2|
|3||14||60 - 64||9|
|4||24||119 - 127||42|
|5||36||232 - 246||1 30|
|6||48||370 - 392||2 25|
|7||60||533 - 561||3 90|
|8||69||658 - 692||7 11|
|9||74||723 - 761||18|
|10||79||849 - 895||18|
Talents that can improve the shock:
- Concussion increases the damage done by Earth Shock by 1/2/3/4/5%.
- Convection reduces the mana cost of Earth Shock by 2/4/6/8/10%.
- Reverberation reduces the cooldown of Earth Shock by 0.2/0.4/0.6/0.8/1 seconds.
- Elemental Focus causes you to enter a Clearcasting state after critting with Earth Shock. The Clearcasting state reduces the mana cost of your next two damage spells by 40%.
- Elemental Fury increases the Critical Strike damage bonus of Earth Shock by 10/20/30/40/50%.
- Elemental Precision increases the chance to hit with Earth Shock by 1/2/3% and reduces the threat caused by 10/20/30%.
- Thundering Strikes increases your critical strike chance of Earth Shock by 1/2/3/4/5%.
- Shamanistic Focus reduces the mana cost of Earth Shock by 45%.
- Mental Quickness reduces the mana cost of Earth Shock by 2/4/6%.
- Earthen Power increases the attack speed reduction of Earth Shock by an additional 5/10%.
- Storm, Earth and Fire increases range of Earth Shock by 1/3/5 yards.
- Prior to patch 2.0.3, Earth Shock generated threat equal to twice its damage. The bonus threat was removed from Earth Shock, while Frost Shock gained bonus threat.
- If specced into Shamanistic Focus with Clearcasting up, shocks will cost very little.
- / Patch 4.0.1 (12-Oct-2010): Attack speed reduction of the target increased to 20 %.
- Patch 3.2.0 (04-Aug-2009): Redesigned. This spell no longer interrupts spell casting, but rather reduces melee attack speed by 10% for 8 seconds (exclusive with similar effects such as Thunder Clap).
- Patch 1.4.0 (2005-05-05): The visual for ranks two through seven has been changed to be consistent with rank one.