|This article or section is an ability or talent stub. You can help expand it by editing it.|
|Talent tree||Retribution, Tier 11|
- "The Light infuses me with righteous power! My cause is just!"
Divine Storm is a 51 point talent in the Paladin's retribution tree, introduced in the Wrath of the Lich King expansion pack. The ability is somewhat similar to a warrior's whirlwind ability, but with the added healing effect. This ability manifests as gold colored hammers and streams of light swirling around the paladin. This ability can proc seal effects. Although this does not affect the ppm of seals, when used on multiple enemies it can proc the effects of Seal of Wisdom and Seal of Light several times, resulting in a large mana or health gain. It can also proc damage dealing seals such as Seal of Command or Seal of Righteousness.
The original skill dealt holy damage, but shortly after patch 3.0.2 went live, the PvP community called for Retribution Paladin's burst to be toned down, as a result, this spell was changed to deal physical damage, along with other changes, such as the removal of all critical strike damage increasing talents from the talent tree.
- The Art of War increases the damage dealt by Divine Storm by 5/10%.
- Righteous Vengeance - whenever your Divine Storm critically strikes, the target will take an additional 10/20/30% of the damage caused over the next 8 seconds.
Healing from Divine Storm
Apparently, healing from Divine Storm goes first to person with the lowest HP. If that person will be topped, the rest of the healing will go to the second person. If that person will be topped, the rest will go to the third person. In other words, in a normal raid situation, it will almost never overheal.
- Lightsworn Battlegear (Retribution Tier 10) - 2 piece set bonus makes melee attacks have a 40% chance of refreshing the cooldown on Divine Storm.
- Venture Co. Libram of Retribution - Causes your Divine Storm to deal an additional 81 damage.
- The Retribution focused Tier 7 2-piece set bonus increases the damage dealt by your Divine Storm by 10%.
- Glyph of Divine Storm - Increases amount of healing done by 15% of damage. In other words , Divine Storm heals now for 40% of damage caused.
- Libram of Discord - Increases the damage done by Divine Storm by 235.