|Cooldown||30 sec (GCD 1.5 sec)|
Deep Freeze is a mage ability learned at level 66 for those with the frost specialization. It causes a target to be considered Frozen for the duration of its stun, turning it into yet another tool for mages to perform combos with.
Modified by Edit
This spell is best used at the very end of a to maximize the opponent's Shatter-able and stationary time and minimize the risk of them trinketing the effect right away. It can be somewhat reliably used as an interrupt when coupled with .
Patch changes Edit
- Patch 6.1.0 (24-Feb-2015): Deep Freeze's stun effect now always breaks on damage from Ice Lance or Ice Nova, but no longer has a chance to break from other damage sources.
- Patch 5.2.0 (5-Mar-2013): Deep Freeze now stuns the target for 5 seconds (was 4 seconds).
- Patch 5.1.0 (27-Nov-2012): The duration of Deep Freeze has been reduced to 4 seconds.
- Patch 4.2.0 (28-Jun-2011): Deep Freeze and Ring of Frost will cause diminishing returns on each other, in addition to the spells they normally share diminishing returns with.
- Patch 4.0.6 (8-Feb-2011): Deep Freeze damage done has been reduced by 20%.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Deep Freeze: the cooldown on this ability is no longer reduced by Haste.
- Patch 3.3.0 (08-Dec-2009): This spell now deals a large amount of damage to targets permanently immune to stuns. In addition, when this ability deals damage it will no longer consume two charges of Fingers of Frost for those mages with the Shatter talent. Now deals frost damage to permanently stun immune targets, with 1469 to 1741 base damage and a spell power coefficient of approximately 7.5/3.5 or 214.3%.
- Patch 3.1.0 (14-Apr-2009): Floating combat text will now display when this ability is able to be used.
- Patch 3.0.3 (04-Nov-2008): Now consumes a charge of Fingers of Frost when used.
- / Patch 3.0.2 (14-Oct-2008): Added.