|Cooldown||(GCD 1.5 sec)|
Modified by Edit
- Elemental Reach
- Shamanism (ability)
- Mastery: Molten Earth
- Spiritwalker's Grace
- All three hits are calculated individually. As such, it is possible (and fairly common) that only one or two hits critically hit.
- Chain Lightning has a fairly high chance of triggering (elemental spec) due to hitting multiple targets.
- Be careful when using this spell if more mobs are nearby that aren't meant to be aggroed. While Chain Lightning may be more tempting to use for its lower cast time and higher damage output, it can easily cause adds.
Patch changes Edit
- Patch 6.1.0 (24-Feb-2015): Enhanced Chain Lightning now makes Earthquake instant cast, and increases the damage done by the next Earthquake by 300% when Chain Lightning or Lava Beam strikes 3 or more targets (instead of increasing Earthquake damage by 60% for each target struck).
- Patch 6.0.2 (14-October-2014): Chain Lightning’s damage has been increased by 50%.
- Patch 5.2.0 (5-Mar-2013): Chain Lightning will now deal the same damage to subsequent targets as it does to the first.
- Patch 2.3.0 (13-Nov-2007): Cast time was reduced to 2.0 (from 2.5), mana costs reduced, benefit from spell damage reduced appropriately.
- Patch 1.6.0 (12-Jul-2005): Chain spells cast on PvP targets by an unflagged Shaman will now properly bounce to other PvP targets.