|Cooldown||(GCD 1 sec)|
|Requirements||Requires Ranged Weapon|
- One shot. One kill.
Aimed Shot is a hunter ability learned at level 10 for hunters who have chosen the Marksmanship specialization. It is a powerful opening shot.
- Patch 5.2.0 (5-Mar-2013): Aimed Shot cast time has been reduced to 2.5 seconds (was 2.9 seconds).; Aimed Show now deals 10% more damage.
- Patch 4.1.0 (26-Apr-2011): Aimed Shot and Steady Shot should no longer start casting Auto Shot on a new target when the "Stop Auto Attack" option enabled.
- Patch 4.0.6 (8-Feb-2011): Aimed Shot weapon damage has been increased to 200%, up from 150%. In addition, the base cast time has been reduced to 2.4 seconds, down from 3.; Aimed Shot no longer ignores the Fire! buff when cast by macro.
- Hotfix (2011-02-22): ""Aimed Shot damage has been decreased to approximately 160% weapon damage (at level 80+), down from 200%.""
- Patch 3.0.3 (04-Nov-2008): Added to Barrage and Improved Barrage talent.
- / Patch 3.0.2 (14-Oct-2008): Mana cost has been reduced from 11% of base mana to 8%, casting time reduced from 2.5 sec to instant. Cooldown increased from 6 seconds to 10 seconds and damage reduced.
- Patch 2.4.0 (25-Mar-2008): Hunters will no longer spin around if they cast Aimed Shot or Steady Shot while facing away from their target.
- Patch 2.3.0 (13-Nov-2007): Added reduction of healing done to that target by 50% and cast time was reduced to 3 sec from 3.5 sec. The reduced healing effect does not stack with Warriors' Mortal Strike or with Rogues' Wound Poison.
- Patch 2.0.6 (23-Jan-2007): Auto Shot is now reset when casting Aimed Shot.
- Patch 1.10.0 (28-Mar-2006): This ability now has its attack power normalized the same as melee instant attacks. This means that the attack power contribution from all ranged weapons will be the same, no matter what their speed. All weapons will contribute attack power as if they were 2.8 speed. Weapons slower than 2.8 speed will do slightly less damage than previously; weapons faster than 2.8 speed will do slightly more damage.
- Patch 1.7.0 (13-Sep-2005): Fixed tooltip to correctly display shot time. Fixed bug where Aimed Shot wouldn't cancel properly when the target moves out of range.
- Patch 1.5.0 (2005-06-07): Special ability shots no longer add the ranged weapon speed or take into account ranged weapon haste when determining the actual cooldown. The tooltip and cooldown timers should now properly reflect the actual cooldown.