Outputs text to a MessageFrame in the specified color, for a specified amount of time.
MessageFrame:AddMessage("text", red, green, blue, messageId, holdTime);
- (String text, Number red, Number green, Number blue, Number messageId, Number holdTime)
- The message to output
- The intensity of the red component. A clamped float between 0.0 and 1.0
- The intensity of the green component. A clamped float between 0.0 and 1.0
- The intensity of the blue component. A clamped float between 0.0 and 1.0
- A user-defined number that specifies which "color group" this message fits into. See the list of system-defined symbolic names. GetChatTypeIndex can be used to turn a symbolic name into an integer index.
- length of time before the message fades out from the frame, in seconds
UIErrorsFrame:AddMessage("Testing", 1.0, 0.0, 0.0, 53, 5);
Testing -- in red, fades out after 5 seconds, in message group 53
Any of the parameters after text are optional. The hold time should also be set however, otherwise the message will remain within the ScrollingMessageFrame until it is scrolled up past the lines specified in the frame, or until you exit the game.
If you call UpdateChatColor with messageId as an argument, you can change the color of a chat message dynamically.